Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bag Drag - Part 1

It seems amazing how connected you can stay as you travel away from home.... even for me, who normally keeps a Blackberry at my side and has seen firsthand the I.T. world change for the last 22 years professionally, it still amazes me how far we've come. I'm sitting on the floor at BWI (Baltimore/Washington International) airport taking a breather from the ominous "bag drag", while connected to the Internet w/ my laptop here....

The bag drag, as we affectionately refer to it, is the inevitable, painful movement from airport to airport, miltary base to miltary base, for the next two days.... only to be eventually dropped off "part way" and catch a space-available military cargo flight onto your final destination. (Funny, commercial airlines don't seem to want to fly into war zones.... hmmm....) The easy part is done... now comes the fun part.... across the pond!

As for me... BWI seems like an old familiar friend... but this is a friendship I hope to sever after this tour... (sorry BWI, no offense to you... ) ;-)

And on that note our last call just came over the intercom.... guess I better catch my flight.

See you on the other side of the pond!.....

(P.S. Happy 41st Anniversary to my parents!!!)

View My Milblogging.com Profile

No comments: